Sunday, November 8, 2015

Circle Star Quilt

My Circle Star Quilt was inspired by the starting
of my Goldfish Quilt, (which is still in pieces!)

Double Wedding Ring class last May up in Salem, MA.
As you know, I love taking a class.
Sewing in a group is tons of fun and inspiration!


Here are the start to all my archs.
 I used the templates for her Bright Lights, Big City Pattern


Then I started playing around with them and voila!
Circle Stars.
It is so important to let your mind just fool around with shapes
and colors.  You never know what you'll find.
 

 So I made this little lovely right on the spot!
I knew I was going to make this quilt,
but I set it aside for the other 15 projects I have going.


 In September I came back to it.
 For a very special couple of peeps that I love.
 I hardly ever plan out a quilt, but I did this time.


It's so funny to actually have a pattern 
and layout in mind.  I never work this way.


Slowly I made my blocks.  I think they are 19.5" unfinished here.
 

I've always wanted to try star sashing too,
so the more stars the merrier!
 

While hosting these two loons,
the kid, and Gidget for a sweat shop day,
I finished all the sashing parts.

I love these two. 
They always brighten my day!


Pieces up on the wall!
 

All the parts sewn together!
 

Layering on the conference room table at work.
 

Binding away.
 

And finally a show and tell yesterday at my guild meeting.
 

I am so pleased with this quilt.
The unexpected block design,
the colors and star sashing.
I couldn't be happier!
And I can't wait to deliver it at the end of the month.

3 comments:

  1. I think the colors are terrific, the design is inspiring, and such an impressive finish! It was so interesting to see your process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the colors you used, and the large sized blocks are great. NYB is one of my favorite quilt designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is AMAZING, Lisa! Bravo! I love the colors and the layout... especially the sashing!

    ReplyDelete