Sunday, April 13, 2014

Quilts and Color at the Museum of Fine Arts Boston

On Friday I was so lucky to be in Boston to see this quilt show!


These two smart gentlemen started collecting quilts in the 1960's.


Here are a few of my faves.
I won't post them all, don't want to spoil it completely 
for you if you get to attend!
And you should definitely go if you can!















These quilts range in age from the late 1800's to early 1900's.
What I love about them is the unexpected colors and combinations,
especially considering the time frame in which they were created.
They look very "modern" or of this present day time to me.  
Renegades of their time period for sure!




2 comments:

  1. Lucky you. A great opportunity to view some georgeous quilts. I was struck by the use of orange as a neutral. No sure if contemporary quilters are as intuitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, Lisa! Thanks! I want to go and see these beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete