Sunday, July 27, 2014

Quilting by the Lake 2014

This is my second time going to Quilting by the Lake.
Last year we had so much fun, and this year my friend
Victoria Findlay Wolfe was teaching, so what's not to love?

I took her three day Lemoyne Star class.
Yes that big brown suitcase is full of only fabric!
That little black and white duffle under my pillow and quilt
had my clothes, etc.  Don't need to overpack clothes
when fabric is much more important!


Earamichia and I drove up in time for the 
Teachers Merchant Market and Quilt Show.

I had sent up three quilts for the show.
Allow me a little "showing off!"
"Twisted"


"Leftovers! It's What's for Dinner"


"Fractured Hard Candy"


This is how our first day of classes began.
My Emily modeling my mini dresden plates.  Hehe.
And it only got funnier from there!


Victoria had giant diamond templates made for this class.
They are awesome!  

This is what I worked on first.
I had brought up alot of "made fabric" that I put together 
before the trip so that I didn't waste time on that and could get right
to construction of stars.

I slashed in the orange to give it a bit of pop.


I added smaller diamonds around it to make it bigger.
Then I found the perfect Jennifer Paginelli fabric
for my setting fabric.

This group was so fun helping each other pick what fabrics to use,
and generally encouraging each other all along the way.


Here is My Emily with her purple and lime green star!
Love the orange arc too.


And now I'll let you look at all the eye candy!










This is the third star I worked on for the week. 
This diamond is even bigger than the first one.
I love this!
And I can see how I can make this pattern more balanced
in the future.  Love to learn as I go as you know.
Jump in and see what happens.


Victoria sewed her apron to her skirt!
Haha.  It was finished too before she realized it.


And here she is all detached and finished!
They auction the aprons off for the scholarship fund.
It is a riot!


Here is part of our class show and tell.


And here is part of our class!


Another great week spent with quilty friends
and being creative!  Doesn't get any better than that!
Thanks V for a really fun time!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are faster than I am to get photos up. Thanks for putting my quilt in there. So thrilled to have met and worked with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Hard Candy quilt ... hope to see that or one of your Lemoyne
    star quilts at the Oct Show & Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the quilts you entered for the show, especially Leftovers! Looks like such great fun. I hope to make it to QBL in the future. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun and fun colours too!

    ReplyDelete