Tuesday, September 23, 2014

What I've been doing while I haven't been here . . .

Again I have been absent from this space for weeks and weeks.
I guess it just means I have been busy.

Here are a few of the things I've been up to.
Cloud9 baby donation quilt for my guild, NYC Metro Mod.
Our first meeting is this Saturday and I can't wait
to get back into the swing of things with all my buddies!


A Mariner's Compass block for Earamichia.
It was way more challenging than I thought it was, 
but I'm glad I tried it out.


I've been making tiny pincushions too.
These hexies and pentagons are 1/2"
I gave the finished product to my mom before I took a pic,
but I mounted it on a cork and glued it into a little candle holder
with a tray at the bottom for thimbles and scissors.
Gonna have to look for more holders at tag sales!


I finally decided on a layout and setting fabric for my
Star Fever quilt from Quilting by the Lake.
When I finish this quilt, it is going to the silent auction
for the Breast Cancer Alliance luncheon in November.


I haven't just been sewing!
I am just home from a cruise with my mom, aunt and uncle.
We left NYC on a cold rainy day.


And luckily for us the sun came out the next day.
I've never been on a cruise before . . . 
it was very interesting.
I still have the vertigo. Hey! I'm a delicate flower.



Saw lots of mermaids along the way.


We did the New England Tour, so beautiful.
Bar Harbor was my favorite.


I even met a pirate!


Look at this old Singer sewing machine that they used to make sails.


I won't bore you will all my vacation pics!
That's what Facebook is for, hahaha.
I'll try to be better about checking in here.
You can always find me on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment