Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Blogger's Quilt Festival :: Fall 2017

So it's that time of year again . . .

This year the prizes are drawn randomly for all entries,
and all the quilts are on one page.

Love it!

Here is my entry for the festival.
Meandering


I started this quilt about two and a half years ago.
The block is from Lady Harvatine,
 

I was having a sewing day with my queeps 
in NYC . . .  
I grabbed the pattern and the fabric and started making blocks.
And . . . . I got about this far.


Then it sat in a box for two years
while I worked on other things.

 Fast forward to last June
and another sewing day in the city with my sewing buddies.

I churned out more blocks and put this top together.


I wanted to make it bigger and decided to add borders,
but to have the curves spill over into them.

I drafted new pattern pieces so I could achieve this look.

My Meandering quilt hung in
my quilt show at the Darien Library this past summer,
and it was very well received.


So well in fact, the library bought it.
They especially loved the dictionary print I used for the background.
 
It hangs permanently on the second floor.
Now that is very exciting for me!


Thanks so much to Amy for the 
And bringing it back to its roots.
Hope you all enjoy perusing the fabulous quilts.


13 comments:

  1. This is a stunning quilt. Like you I loved this block design and made a couple of 4block minis. But a whole quilt..... love the way you’ve extended it into the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful block! So cool that your quilt hangs in a public place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning quilt, love the little bits of orange

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you meandered outside the box, so to speak. Very cool that it's hanging for so many people to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome outcome for your quilt. I really like the design, especially how it continues into the border. I can see why the library wanted it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful quilt, I love how the design extends out into the border and all of the prints you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat quilt, and congrats on selling to to the library! Exciting indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this pattern! Yours is a great interpretation.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt! Love the loop and overlap effect and the background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on having your quilt reach public fibre art status! (I wish the wall was painted a darker colour so it could really bring out the richness of the fabrics). It's a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning quilt!! I can see why the library wanted to add this piece of art to display. What fun not only to have a quilt displayed but bought! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is brilliant - isn't it funny how we can put projects away for a while and then they turn out awesome

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! on the sale of your quilt. Cha-ching!!

    ReplyDelete