Sunday, October 8, 2017

A Wedding Quilt . . . .

My niece and nephew were married at the end of July in 2016.
Such a beautiful couple and yes I am biased.


I promised a wedding quilt,
and then life got in the way.

Fast forward to August 2017. 
(I know 13 months late!)

(I apologize for the upcoming photos, not the best lighting!)

I had pulled all the fabrics for this quilt last year.
Their palette is navy blues, greys, and whites.
Not my usual, but I have found I do my best work
when challenged!
It's great to be pushed out of your comfort zone.
 

I call this quilt 2468.
I cut tons of squares,
2.5", 4.5", 6.5" and 8.5"
I threw all the big squares up on my design wall first.
Then started filling in with the smaller ones.

I also added rectangles 2.5" on one side to fill in and add interest.
 

I worked in sections adding in the smaller pieces
and piecing them together building on each square.

I loved the puzzling together of this top.
This could be a great way to teach kids math in a fun way.
All multiples of 2. 

I added white borders.
I was able to show this top at my guild meeting yesterday,
and the lighting is much better so you can get a good
idea of the true colors.
I plan to quilt this one with simple lines
so as not to distract from the graphic design.
So here we are, now 15 months past the wedding 
and I still need to quilt this and send it on it's way.
In the mean time, this beautiful couple 
have made me a great aunt!

Sweet little Theo born September 24th.


And yes, now I am behind in my family quilts again!
Haha!  Wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: