Monday, April 9, 2012

Mojo Monday

Well, and Sunday too . . .
Did you have a nice holiday weekend?
I had a nice quiet weekend filled with friends and sewing.
I made another of Victoria's stars . . .


Victoria challenged us to use mauve, and while I'm not a total fan of mauve,
I have warmed up to the color.
The block on the right is my challenge block.
Once a week for twelve weeks, Victoria will post another color
for us to play with and explore.


I also did some more of these little filler blocks for my flying geese quilt.
Theses guys are only 4.5" so they use up lots of scraps,
not that you would notice, my scrap bin is overflowing again!



The hexies got a re-load too.
I think as I cut new fabric, I'll just snatch a piece for a hexie.
This is supposed to be a charm quilt, but I may break down 
and repeat of few of these fabrics.


And lastly, my friend Sally is quite the artist!
She is making paper these days and wanted some tiny pieces
to put in her mix.
I scrounged through the waste basket, and I also took some
scraps and chopped them up with my rotary cutter.

That provided some mindless therapy!
Can't wait to see what she makes with all of this.
So my Mojo is coming back slowly.
How's your Mojo these days?? hehehe

6 comments:

  1. So glad to see so much mojo. I just love your squares in squares. Are you paper piecing them? Please share the paper your friend makes with your fabric pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need more fabric charms? I'd love to send you some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always lots of yummy colours in your posts! I think I could go wild in your stash! Just pulled your parcel out of the letter box and more gorgeous colours. Thanks Lisa and keep on sewing! I hope you get to show us some of your friend's papers. They sound like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noticed your gorgeous star on the sidebar of NYC Metro & had to take a look ... mauve with orange & green ... lovely! Like those colorful filler blocks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've given Mauve a facelift . . . lovely block, nice combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colorful blocks. You have a wonderful stash!! The fabric added to the paper making sounds intriguing (and colorful)! I hope we get to see pictures of the final product!

    ReplyDelete