Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Back Again!

I was away from home again last week, so that
meant being away from my sewing machine :(

Luckily I thought to bring along my hexies.
They have grown a lot in a week! 
I actually ran out of hexies patches to sew together,
so now I am back digging through my scraps
to make more.

Can I just say I love my scrap bin?
It gets bigger and bigger,
and it is like a treasure hunt when I dive in there.


Before I left the penthouse last week,
I did try one of Victoria's stars.
I loved making this one.
It does take a little bit of time tracing the pattern onto tracing paper,
but it is totally worth it.  I have already gotten the next ready to go,
now to pick the fabric!


I also got this lovely little package of fabric this week
from a good friend of mine.
She just knew I would be gaga for this lovely set of Kaffe!


I see a blue and white quilt in my future!
Or maybe blue and yellow?
Or maybe blue and magenta?
Or maybe blue and everything!
Can't wait to cut into these babies and see the fabric start flying.


So thoughtful of my friend to inspire me!
It's good to be home and near my sewing machine again,
sleeping in my own bed . . . .
Hope you are enjoying this beautiful spring day!
I think my hexies are calling me . . . 

5 comments:

  1. Love that peacock fabric in your star. I saw this block on another blog and want to try it sometime. The blues are yummy. Nice to have such a thoughtful friend. Can't wait to see what you make with them. And your hexies are really looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you can print out the paper piecing template on the tutorials page right? you don't need to trace the pattern out... Yourblock looks really nice and your hexies are LOVELY! glad you are home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, your home...and lovely hexies..gotta show ya mine..and cool star..and yes printing the template...much easier...smiles. hugs and smooches to ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Victoria Star! And I vote for blue and white - such a springy, beachy combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum yum. Love those blues. And Magenta. Oh my! Isn't is great to have hexies for sew therapy when away from your machine? Lookin' good, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete