Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Finish!

I finished my Triangles Galore Bee Quilt!
There was much more quilting on this one than I usually do . . .
I was practicing my FM skills,
and I have to say I am pleased with the results.
You can see more about this quilt here.


It all came together in the end.
The borders, the quilting, the binding . . .


I tried pebble quilting for the first time, in the small inner border.
It certainly uses a lot of thread, but I love the effect,
and it is very forgiving!
My border was kinda of floppy, so the heavy quilting
made it lie flat again. 


I love this quilt!  So much color!
It is headed to one of my favorite people.
But it's a surprise, so I can't tell you who!


Our Metro Mod meeting was this past Saturday,
and I sat on the floor finishing up the binding
just in time! 

(photo from Victoria)

Our last meeting in Victoria's loft. 
We will have new digs in December.
I will miss her cozy loft, but we have gotten too big in membership!
What did you do this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, should have come over to introduce myself yesterday at the guild but with all the people and chatter it just didn't happen. I really wanted to say how much I love the quilt and what a thrill it gives me to see my block in there. I'm so impressed with how it's turned out - great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner of a quilt Lisa! Love the pattern, the quilting, just everything! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really a beautiful and happy quilt! A finish to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the quilt looks amazing! So happy that you liked the Bee blocks...enjoy the beautiful results! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I'm Terry we sometimes play together at 15 min. I checked out Mod Guild report and I'm in awe of your Triangles Galore Quilt.
    Now while I was visiting you here I saw the Aussie Hero site. Hopped over and learned Jen is only a 20 min drive from me and I now have 4 laundry bags ready to assemble. Small world playing with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a yummy yummy quilt. It is wonderful and I love the quilting too. Lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete