Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Kid is Alright . . .

Two nights ago I got the phone call no mother wants to hear,

"Mom, (sobs), we were in a car accident"

Heart stops.
Then beats too fast. Must focus and pull it together.

The kid is okay. Broken collar bone.
I'll take a broken collar bone.
It could have been a hundred times worse.

So here we are three days before the kid is the Maid of Honor
in her friend's wedding . . .

The sling the hospital gave us will never work!
We need something sassy and clever.
Thanks goodness we had just the stuff to put
these lovelies together.


I hope this doesn't gross you out, but I took a picture of the xray.
I knew the kid would want to see it to confirm she really had
a broken collar bone. Don't ask.

This most adorable flower arrangement arrived
from the kid's work buddies.
And it looks just like Mocha!!
So here I am making ice bags, fetching advil,
plumping pillows, brushing hair . . .
And thanking God every minute that
my darling daughter is still right here next to me.

9 comments:

  1. Love the slings, love the flower arrangement but mostly so glad you daughter is ok - like you a said I'll take a broken collarbone! here's to a speedy receovery with no complications and good luck for the upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, lump in my throat and tears too - so glad you started with the good news! and how sweet, a stylish sling - only a quiter mom would do that! best wishes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those slings! Bet they will start a whole new trend. Seriously, I can only say that you are indeed lucky. Celebrate!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, I'm glad everything is okay! So sorry to hear about the car accident, and I know those slings will help a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad all is well...and hey the slings are the hotness...she is very fortunate...and i am sure the bride to be...is relieved...smooches and hugs...(but not too hard on the collar bone...ouch.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very glad the news is only a broken bone. Sweet of you to make her the jazzy slings. You will have to post a photo of her "full" wedding outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lisa! I know exactly how you feel! My thoughts are with you and yours and I am glad that it was not any worse. I will continue to keep you all in my heart. Much love to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch! I'm glad it was something minor, and impressed by your pretty slings.

    ReplyDelete