Monday, November 4, 2013

Little Things Everywhere . . .

This week has been spent working on little things.
Very tiny little things.
Create a 12 x 12 quilt using very tiny pieces of fabric.
She was inspired by some little Amish quilts,
but you could make this anyway you wanted.

I had just bought bunch of solids because one of my friends said to me,
"You never work with solids."
You just can't let those kinds of things just sit there!


So off I went,
cutting tiny pieces . . . 


Making little bits of "made" fabric.
They look so cute, like little multicolor crayons.


Each little block is 1.25" square.
I used a very tiny seam allowance.
The nine patches measure 3" square.
I quilted it very simply. And the binding was a snap!
Of course when the binding is only about 48"
it feels like you are doing a corner every five minutes!


I used my new Juki to do the quilting!


I just love it!  I am still getting used to it, 
but boy is it fast!

The other littles I did this week included
these two mug rugs.
I joined an online swap through the Quilting Gallery.
It's the first time I have done one of these online swaps, and it was fun.


The theme was "Fall"
So I had to do flying geese!


They were shipped off today to my swap mate in Texas.
Hope she likes them.

on another note,
I saw these cute little dish towels in the city last weekend.


Don't you just love his mustache?!!


So what little things have you been up to??

2 comments:

  1. WOW love this but the size of those tiny pieces would do my head in! Good on you though. You have been doing some other wonderful things too. Love it! Take care, JMxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh tiny ....

    tell us more about the Juki purchase - I've been eyeing them up on ebay for decades but after the long arm purchase I talked myself out of one ... I've read they are the cat's meow for straight line quilting!

    ReplyDelete