Sunday, December 29, 2013

A little bit of sewing . . .

I'm always relieved when the holidays have passed.

I don't know why . . . . I don't go over board on much,
just the eating part . . .  it should be the exercising part, but well, you know.

I do always try to maintain some sense of normal,
which means a bit of sewing squeezed in as much as possible.

So I am pleased that I was able to finish this baby quilt in one week.


It started last Sunday, before Christmas, at Earamicha's 
house with David.  
We decided to get together to have a little sweat shop sewing.


It was that very warm day, 70* in NYC, 
so yes there really was sweating!


I was able to cut and sew all the blocks for a disappearing nine patch.

Then this past Friday night, I cut them all up and laid them out.


I bit a sewing while watching a movie and it came together quick!


Sunday brought quilting.
Love my Juki!


And now a bit of binding before I hit the sack.


Here is the inspiration quilt I saw a few weeks 


My quilt measures 30" by 38"
The original squares before cutting were 2.5"
This baby quilt is a donation for our NYC Metro Mod Guild.
Hope you all enjoyed your holidays and are relaxing too!

5 comments:

  1. Lisa thankyou×3!!
    I need a quick baby quilt and yours has inspired me. I needed something contemporary and easy .
    Your quilt is super I'm sure it will be loved.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. The teals, blues and greens make the orange pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great fabric choices for you D9P! I have made many of these in various sizes. May your New Year bring good health and happy times...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the inspiration. The orange really works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely quilt. It's a good idea to use the technique on smaller squares - so effective.

    ReplyDelete