Sunday, December 1, 2013

Straighten Up And Fly Right . . . .

This is one of my all time favorite quilts that I have made!
I started this project in January of 2012.

It has been under wraps for a long time,
but I think I can do a reveal now.


I love paper piecing.  And Triangles!  And color!
So what a perfect match.
As usual, I just started making blocks with no real thought
as to the end project.


I felt the geese needed something else, so I made a few of these.


I tried some different layouts.


I'll admit, I was looking for chaos.


Then I realized that if I made some two geese blocks,
I could really mix this up easily.
The four geese blocks equal two, and with a nine patch mix,
I had a 12" block.


Here is the back all put together before the "un-papering."


That's a lot of paper!
Good sit and watch a movie activity.


My friend David suggested a diagonal quilting.
This was the first of many dense channel quiltings I have done.
I  have to say I love the look.
I used the edge of my walking foot for guidance.


Summer 2012 at that beach.



Before piecing the blocks.


Black & White binding.  Always a fave.


Yummy crinkles.


I did fussy cut some of the centers on these little blocks.




A pieced back.  Orange, another fave!


And a label.  I am trying to always label my quilts.
Do you do that?  


Because, I can't believe this quilt is almost two years old.
I would have told you I made it three months ago!
Hehe.

7 comments:

  1. GREAT pattern, Lisa!! I just added it to my "Gotta Make One of Those" list!! Thanks for sharing - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt, Lisa!!! Absolutely love the colors and the chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt. I want one. So glad you posted the block. Love the texture of the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous quilt Lisa, love the design, prints and colours :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm in love! It is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fun is showing in this quilt. Those little fussy cuts crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just darling! Love the triangles and the bright colors. I am not such a fan of paper-piecing but I can see you and fun with it!

    ReplyDelete