Friday, October 29, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2010

Welcome to my blog! I am brand new to this blogging business, so forgive me if I do a few newbie things.
I am having fun figuring this all out though I must say.
A big thanks to Amy for hosting this festival. I'm sure it is a lot of work, but I know everyone is so grateful. What a wonderful way to meet quilters.
This is a quilt I made six years ago. I really wanted to learn how to do curved piecing after I saw a project here.
The project shown was called "Around the Bend."
So I sent away for the templates from here.
It took a few trys to get the hang of it, but I really liked the look so I kept going.


I used batiks that I had, added a few more and found myself with a very happy quilt!

This is a close up. Sorry for the crease in the middle, this quilt lives on the end of the guest room bed folded up. I also was very new at free motion quilting at the time, but I think I did pretty well with that.


This was also the first time I pieced a back. I had alot of batik fabric left over and didn't want to spend more money on one big piece. So this is how the back was born. Now, of course, piecing the back is the way to go, so I am pleased I stumbled upon it back then.



Here is the sexy money shot. Haha.


Thanks so much to Amy for hosting. And thank you to all the bloggers out there that have inspired me over the last 18 months.
I finally got the courage to jump in and try this blogging thing.



19 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing us your quilt - it's lovely, and so happy. It brightened my day! BTW, I think you have a very nice blog going on here -I'm trying to find time and inspiration to start one too, so it's helpful to see how it's done. I'll check back in soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in your quilt. It is so bright and happy. Best wishes with your blog. I think you have a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are some AMAZING batiks! And curves? You're so brave! It's really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt! And welcome to the blog world. I'll put you in my Reader so I can keep up with your doings. Anyone that remembers how to type on a Selectric is Aces in my book. *L*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lisa! Welcome to blog world! ;-) great color, and I love the pieced back! see ya in December!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt! Hope blogging goes well for you. I'm a blogging newbie also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! Great colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! I am not usually a batik fan, but this could shift me! Welome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilt the colours are great too. I came across your blog from a post you made on Helen's blog. :) I am not a stalker though. I also have a blog and although I have been writing it for a while am still learning. If you get time maybe have a little peak if you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous-both front and back! Super quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cheerful bright quilt! The circle piecing looks perfect - that isn't something I've tried yet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors drew me to your quilt immediately -- good choices!! It's wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to the world of blogging Lisa! This quilt is amazing! Curves scare me and you make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilt! Love the colors and the curves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a nice quilt, good job!
    PS Make sure you change the way the quilt is folded periodically to decrease those permanent creases.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really lovely quilt. You make me want to try curves!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how happy and bright this quilt is.
    I also love your spider web. That is on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Sexy money shot" that is hilarious :)
    Lovely quilt. Very pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lisa.
    I think your quilt has turned out great. It is so bright and colourful. I love the movement from the curved piecing.
    Stunning!

    ReplyDelete