Saturday, October 23, 2010

Do you remember these?

I stumbled upon this old phone last night while helping to decorate for a Halloween Party.

This was sitting on the bar at a men's club. It still works and they use it! Notice the key lock in the number one hole. This is so no one can make an unauthorized call.
This phone is attached to the wall by a cord. You can't walk all over the place while you are talking on it. You have to dial the number by sticking your finger in the correct hole and dragging it up and around to the silver stop. No buttons to push.
This is the kind of thing I'll have to explain to my grand kids one day. Just like the IBM Selectric at my office that mesmerizes the little ones when they notice. I have to tell them there is no backspace, you use correction tape. They look at me like I have six heads. It's awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I even remember the key locks! Those were necessary in college. We all had them.

    ReplyDelete