I started to clean up my sewing room yesterday.
That is always a tricky thing because I get distracted
a hundred times and start working on old projects instead.
Who wants to pick thread out of the carpet anyway??
I found this unfinished project from about 6 or 7 years ago.
I put it aside when I lost steam and or love of it.
Sometimes you just need to put things aside . . .
I kind of remember what it was supposed to be back then,
but of course, it will change now.
I finished up the blocks, diagonal string blocks.
And I put a border on it.
The colors are all over the map, but they seem to work together.
I had a lot of cut fabric strips left because I was sick of making the blocks,
so I decided to make some piano key borders.
I hate these.
They are the same colors from the other fabric, but they just don't work.
and I like them much better.
Now I hate the magenta border. I'll be ripping that out tonight.
It still needs a lot of design work, and I'll be playing with this for the next few nights.
I'll let you know what happens next!