Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rainy Saturday

I do appreciate that we need April Showers to bring May flowers,

but . . .

could we have just a couple days in a row with sunshine too??


I found this little lovely at a tag sale,

8 dollars!! Can you believe someone parted with this for 8 dollars??


It needs a little repair work,

just the thing to snuggle under and mend

on this cold rainy day!

I think this will live on the end of my guest bed . . .

It's nice to mix up quilts and crocheted blankets,

I love to mix textures and colors.


* * * * * * *


These funny little magnets were the craft for girl's night this week.


Twice a month I host a mother-daughter crafts night at my house.


We all take turns planning the craft.

Gidget came up with this one . . . Button Flower Magnets!

Lots of glue and layering of buttons with a magnet on the back.

You could make it a pin too, but we did get any takers on that one!


Girls craft night is really just an excuse to get together

and giggle the night away . . .

Sometimes we even do the craft!! hehehe





4 comments:

  1. Love the crochet blanket - brings back memories of my childhood. The button magnets are cute too. I am a button-a-holic. Might be able to put some to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find. You could not have bought the yarn for that price, not to mention your time. And speaking of buttons, I just saw the Blogger's Quilt Festival button on your sidebar. Seeing all the quilts last fall made me want to be a blogger. I just grabbed the button and can't wait to be part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a bargain on the crocheted blanket!! Cute button magnets also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I love the afghan and the magnets are so cute!

    ReplyDelete