Saturday, January 29, 2011

Field Trip!

Gidget & I had a little field trip today.
We have cabin fever and needed to get out and see the world.
We started out at NEAT for a latte and raspberry danish from Sono Bakery.
YUM!
Then we headed to Ridgefield to the Quilter's Alley.
Gidget was like a kid in the candy store.
She has a pattern for a market bag she wants to make.
She got some cute bicycle fabric which I forgot to take a picture of.
Her mission is to get everything cut out
and then tomorrow
she will come over and we will sew together!
I'm sure there will be a story tomorrow . . . .

This is some of the wonderful fabrics that Roxanne and Stuart have in their shop.
Look at all those yummy colors!
That is the back of Gidget's head. She is still camera shy,
but at least she allowed some part of her body to be photographed today.

See that frame in the back of the picture???
That is a long arm quilting frame.

I dropped off my log cabin quilt to be quilted.
Roxanne helped me pick out the perfect pattern for quilting.
I can't wait to see it all done in about three to four weeks!
YEAH!


Need to decide on a binding now, I like to do that part.


I couldn't leave without buying any fabric myself!
I got the lavender for the backing of my commissioned quilt,
and the other two just because.

Where did you sneak off to today?

Are you trying to shake the cabin fever too??





2 comments:

  1. Hope you said hi to Roxanne from me! Your quilt will be LOVELY! She has great fabrics right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is gorgeous and that shops looks like heaven!

    ReplyDelete