Friday, March 25, 2011

Mug Rugs?

I might a little late to the party on this one . . .
I whipped up a few mug rugs this week.
I have a few guests arriving this weekend with March birthdays,
and I thought these would be perfect gifts.
I really prefer to make a handmade gift when I can.

After I made these . . .
I realized that I HAVE made some mug rugs before,
but I didn't realize they were mug rugs.

I made these about 20 years ago when I had
leftover blocks and I didn't want to put them in the scrap bin.
(And I didn't know about leftover quilts!)
These have been drawer liners for quite a while.
They need to be liberated.



This is the quilt I made 20 years ago that produced my first mug rug.
It is also the first quilt I ever hand quilted.
I have been a bright color girl for a long time.
I don't think that's going to change!
How about you? Do you mug rug??


4 comments:

  1. I like that idea! I could do something similar with leftover yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were ahead of your time! Whenever I had leftover blocks, I usually made a throw pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first quilt. I'm sure your guests will love their mug rugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute mug rugs. I LOOOOOOOOOVE the quilt that started them all.

    ReplyDelete