Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Projects #19

What a great sunny weekend!!
Pictures outside!!

I finished my Leftovers quilt today.
The scrappy binding looks wondeful.
I am so pleased with the way this quilt came out.

The back is pieced with a sheet I bought a TJ Maxx.
It is a Ralph Lauren, very soft.
I was worried at first that it might be hard to use,
but after a little finangling, it was fine.
I did get a couple of puckers, but I don't tend to
obsess on those kinds of things.


I had a sewing companion this weekend.

I took care of Mocha this weekend, Gidget's little angel.
This dog is spring loaded and can jump up to my waist!


I knew I needed to tire her out big time.

After an hour long walk, she was toast!

She spent most of the afternoon sleeping in her little bed right behind me while
I finished a few things.
I sewed and cut up a bunch of blocks for
a new disappearing nine patch . . .



And I made a few blocks for Beth who is collecting them
for a quilt to donate to Japan relief.
They were very easy to put together, so if you have some time,
jump over to her blog, see what the specs are,
and pop one or two in the mail to her!


on a another note . . . .


I went to a fundraiser Friday night,
Diana Ross.
We had a wonderful time.
Enjoyed the costumes . . .
The music . . .
Her band . . .
The girl still has got it going on!!
What did you do on this bright sunny first day of spring???






4 comments:

  1. I like your scrappy quilt. It's so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, your leftovers quilt looks super!!! Wow, I love your colors - no wonder your blocks play so well together. and the patchy binding is a perfect finish. Also, I love the bag your "kid" is posing with on the train - one of your creations?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the free flow of the leftover quilt......I hope it finds a happy home.

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your quilt. Did you machine quilt it? I love making quilts like that, I attended a workshop with Gwen Marston and Freddy Moran last year and made one similar.

    ReplyDelete