Thursday, November 11, 2010

I fell off the "no buying fabric" wagon

I have been trying to sew and design from my stash only.
I have alot of fabric (what quilter doesn't?!)
and I should use it up.
I fell off the wagon last night.
I was in NYC at the City Quilter for my design-sew class.
I couldn't just walk to the back and go to the classroom.
I am a fabric addict, it was bound to happen.

But I mean really . . . Julie Paschkis' Oceanica!
There are mermaids and frogs!
I just had to have it.
So I bought 3 yards, because, well MERMAIDS!

Then I saw all this yumminess.
I am thinking about an orange and pink quilt . . .
So really can you pass that up?
I only bought a half yard of each of these.



That's not too bad for an addict right?
8 yards total.
And I got the class discount.
I can justify anything.
I am a fabric addict.





on another note . . .


The kid met me at Grand Central after the class.
We had dinner at Metrazur. Very good.
Our table was right on the balcony over looking all of this.

What a great people watching perch!





And we could see exactly when our train was leaving.



1 comment: