Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Spider Web Quilt Finished!

I finished my spider web quilt this past weekend.
It came together really well.




Because it is such a busy quilt,
you don't notice the wobbly quilting or the few little puckers.
The kid wanted to know if this was going to be a "show only" quilt or a "use it and love it and spill on it" quilt.
Definitely a "use it and love it and spill on it" quilt.
I am a big believer in using your quilts and letting them get loved to death.
I pieced the back with three large panels and one panel of scrappy squares.
I have started making a practice of cutting 3 1/2" squares out of whatever is left from the project I am working on at the moment.
I am getting a nice pile of squares.
It's great to have them at the ready for these panels for the backs of my quilts.

I quilted this the same way that Amandajean at Crazy Mom Quilts did hers.
I love that it gives you a star on the back.

You don't really see it on the front because it's too busy.



I used a polka dot for the binding.
I think it looks better on the back than the front.
I just love polka dots.



4 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous. So colourful.
    Enjoy using your beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa it is beautiful! congrats on a lovely finish! now go snuggle up in it and make it complete! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! so happy for you~ and it came out really awesome. I love your scrappy panel on the back. I cut binding today but G woke up before i could piece it all together. I am determined to have it done by the mtg...

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! Love the binding too.

    ReplyDelete