Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Curvy Kaffe

I wanted to make a curvy quilt using all Kaffe fabrics.

I started the center with contrasting fabrics so you could really get a feel for the curved piecing.

I used the Fons & Porter circle templates for this quilt, just like I did with this one.





The center was inspired by one of Kaffe's quilts. I forget which book, but I know I saw this design there. I pieced two contrasting triangles together to make a block. I did this with two different size blocks. Then I cut the 1/4 circles out of each corner and switched them all up so they were in contrast again.

It was a very easy way to piece this section, although it looks very complicated.


I decided to put it on point and used strips of green and blue to make the corners.

It still needed something else, so I appliqued some magenta circles randomly to break it up a bit.




I love the way it turned out. As usual, I just need to decide on how to quilt it!


I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.



I know I am so greatful for my family and friends . . .

The roof over my head . . .

The food on my table . . . .

The sun, the moon and the stars . . .



What are you saying thanks for??




1 comment:

  1. well you've been busy. can't believe you whipped this up while simultaniously planning a huge thanksgiving dinner party.. i'm totally impressed :)
    i'm also tempted to barter something (anything!) for any of your left over scraps of the glassworks in green... i think i have less than a fat eight (in tiny pieces) left of the yard i bought. let me know if you're up for a trade..

    ReplyDelete